Get Fit and Give was set up by Carol Campbell in 2011 and her aim was to create a framework of support that encourages people to make healthier lifestyle choices, learn to take personal responsibility for their own wellbeing and feel good about themselves. She is passionate about keeping it simple, achievable and balanced. The framework that Carol created includes:
- Setting up and supporting a social walking group
- Running walking challenges
- Encouraging a mutually supportive social network
- Celebrating positive change
- Providing the opportunity for regular outdoor activity
- Making available the right tools and support to keep you fit and healthy in an easy sustainable way
Carol also believes that part of the process involves helping others too. With this in mind, Get Fit and Give encourages those that join in with our activities to look beyond helping themselves and support others (from charities to individuals) with donations of time, money or anything else they feel appropriate for a particular good cause of their choosing.